2021 Summer Camps
To sign up for all 2021 camp or class offerings, the Access Code on SignUp Genius is SYSS.
- August 27th: The Man Mask and The Man Box (best taken after Creating Healthy Masculine Friendships)
- What is in your toolbox or "manbox"? This is about dismantling the tools that we have been taught to have and use in order to live up to the current model of masculinity in the world (our "man mask"). In this workshop, lead by Gender Sensei and Host of the You Can Make A Difference Show on Rainier Avenue Radio, Mac McGregor, we teach folks how to make conscious choices about which tools they want to keep or build upon to include in their toolbox. This workshop is best taken after Creating Healthy Masculine Friendships for Teens and Tweens, but is not mandatory.
- Non-binary 101 for Parents AND for Teens and Tweens: CANCELED. WILL RESCHEDULE IN FALL 2021.
- What is non-binary identity and how does it intersect with other LGBTQ2IA+ identities that one might hold? Are you non-binary or think you might be and have questions? Are you the friend or family member of a non-binary youth and want to gain a better understanding of how to support them? Or do you already know everything you want to know about being non-binary but would like to hang out with some other cool non-binary people and help them on their journey? Then this workshop is for you! There will be a group portion at the beginning for everyone before parents and guardians split off for a question/answer session with drinks and snacks on the roof while the tweens and teens have their own Q&A session downstairs. $20 suggested fee per group due one week prior to the workshop. Scholarships available. No materials necessary. Snacks will be provided.
- Queer Sex Ed for Middles (10-14 Year Olds) MOVED TO OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2021.
- Queer Sex Ed for Teens (15-18 Year Olds) MOVED TO OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2021.
- Photography Camp for Tweens and Teens: CANCELED: WILL RESCHEDULE DURING WINTER BREAK 2021.
- Has your kiddo been interested in deepening their knowledge of photography? Exposing images correctly, achieving precise focus, finding or creating light? How about retouching their photos and post-production? This two day camp is just for them! Renowned Seattle photographer Lydia Brewer will lead kiddos on a two day journey delving deep into the mechanics of taking, retouching, and finishing good photos. One day will be spent on location. Lydia's goal is to give campers as much time "out shooting, showing, thinking and learning on their feet" as possible.
$20 suggested fee per day. Scholarships available. Snacks provided. Campers will need to bring their own camera. Appropriate for ages 10+.